Sometimes adding an event to your calendar isn’t enough. When life gets busy, you need an extra layer of assurance that the important (and mundane) events won’t fall by the wayside. If you are using a family calendar to keep everyone on the same page, you may also want to alert family members that you’ve added something new to the family calendar.
Bievo lets you customize how and when you and your family members receive notifications – by email, mobile push notifications, and for Premium users, text message. So you can decide what works for you and your family.
Bievo includes two types of calendar notifications to help you stay on top of your changing schedule:
- Event Alerts – These notifications are sent when a new event is added to your calendar or when an existing event has been updated. When you add an event to the family calendar, simply use an event alert to let your family members know that the event has been added to their calendar.
- Event Reminders – These notifications are sent at a set time prior to your event. You can schedule reminders anytime between 5 minutes and 2 weeks prior to your event. Whatever works for you!
Adding notifications to an event
It’s easy to add notifications to an event! Here’s how:
- On your Bievo calendar, click to add a New Event. If you are using Bievo’s web application, you can do so by clicking directly on the calendar. On the mobile app, click on the green plus sign at the top of the calendar screen.
- Add the details of your event – title, date and time, etc.
- Add a reminder to your event. You can choose to have a reminder sent anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 weeks before the event. Or, you can choose not to have a reminder sent at all. Simply select your preference from the drop down menu.
- Choose whether to “Send notification to invitees”. Check this box if you want a new event alert to go out to let everyone know that you’ve added an event to the calendar.
- Click Save to add the event to your calendar.
Bievo’s notifications (event alerts and reminders) are sent to everyone that is attending the event. This is important to remember because Bievo gives you so many options when deciding who can see your events. For example, if you add an event to your personal calendar, only you will see the event and only you will receive notifications about it. If you want your whole family to see the event and receive notifications about it, be sure to add the event to your family calendar. For more information, read about using Bievo’s All-In-One Calendar to keep your whole life organized.
Setting notification preferences for your account
Are you someone that wants a quick alert before every event? Or maybe you check your calendar throughout the day and don’t want to see notifications at all. No problem! Bievo also lets you set your notification preferences at the account level. When you use this feature, your preferences will apply to every event on your calendar. Here’s how:
- Log into your account at mybievo.com.
- Click on the Recent Notifications icon in the center of the screen.
- Choose when you would like to receive notifications: always, never, or only when the person creating the event chooses to include one.
- Choose how you would like to receive your notifications: by email, mobile push notification, or if you are a Bievo Premium user, by text message. You an choose as many or as few notification types as you like.
- Click Save to apply your updated notification settings.